Family Ukulele Class
JAMM is offering a free ukulele class March 29th-May 3rd; students, families, and Juneau friends are invited to learn ukulele side by side!
- Virtual classes will be held via Zoom on Tuesdays, 5:00-5:45.
- Two optional in person gatherings will be held Saturday April 2nd and Saturday April 30th at Juneau Church of Christ, 10:30-12.
- This class is open to JAMM families and all ukulele lovers in Juneau. Please register for the Zoom link.
- JAMM students who would like to invite a grandparent or family member outside of Juneau to participate with your child virtually, please contact Meghan Johnson to receive the Zoom ID and Password.
- A tentative, optional concert is scheduled for May 7th.
- Ukulele Check Out: JAMM has a limited number of Auke Bay, Glacier Valley and Riverbend ukuleles that can be checked out to JAMM students. These instruments will be checked out by your schoolʼs music teacher on a first come, first served basis. Like a library book, students will be responsible for the care of the ukuleles checked out to their account and must return their instruments by May 11th.
- JAMM students may check out up to 2 ukuleles: one for their personal use and one for a family member. Instruments will be checked out to each student's school library account.
- Students may use their personal ukuleles as well.
- Students who check out an ukulele must participate in JAMM’s ukulele class.
- Ukuleles may be returned May 11th; JAMM staff will also be available to pick up instruments May 9th-11th.
JAMM must raise $250 per child every school year to cover the cost of teachers, instruments, and materials. We ask families to contribute $100 for the year to help cover program costs; however, your donation is voluntary, and no child experiencing financial hardship will ever be denied enrollment in JAMM.